Snowmageddon not as likely, but be prepared for anything

I'm not predicting a #Snowmageddon event, but by all means be prepared for anything as we've recently experienced. What I do expect is maybe half the snow depth in Snoqualmie/North Bend tomorrow afternoon into Saturday morning vs. what we saw last Sun/Mon. Higher resolution model consensus is for 3-6" 24hr totals Fri/Sat in central puget sound area, probably a bit less out here if the snow-eating gap winds, which act to dry out the air, are gusting moderately (~25-35 mph) from the east as I expect them to be by late Fri/early Sat. Consensus on timing of when snow starts tomorrow appears to have shifted back toward ~12-2pm Fri afternoon, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some light snow or flurries in the morning. On a side note, many of you probably do, and should be following Cliff Mass, a renowned professor of Atmospheric Sciences at UW. His latest update (just released ~8pm) comments that snow totals should be "more towards the Cascades". I'm just not so sure. I think at best we match snow totals of suburbs/cities further west. At the end of the day don't hold me any more accountable than you would the actual meteorologists😀 Snow is a very uncertain variable in W. WA. One unexpected band of heavy showers can add up quickly. Will update in the morning with the latest.

Comments